Age UK Gateshead
Are you aged 50+? Do you live or work in Gateshead? Then we're here to help you to ‘love later life' and encourage 'living, laughing and learning'.
We do this by:
- Delivering a range of high quality person centred services, focused on reducing social isolation, maximising income, enabling independent living and promoting physical health and emotional wellbeing.
Current services include:
- Information, Advice & Advocacy
- 6 daycentres (including a new dementia specific service)
- 5 social groups befriending service
- 11 exercise classes ranging from Tai Chi to short walks Leisure & learning classes including a chess club and a photography club
- Involving older people, our staff, volunteers and other interested parties, to develop services and influence local policies to improve the lives of older people in our community.
Any charity is limited only by funding, their staff and their imagination and happily, as these days funding is not always readily available, we more than make up for it with our team and their creativity, which allows us to provide amazing outcomes for older people on a relatively small budget.
Always willing to go above and beyond, our 15 staff and 95 trained volunteers (who deliver 600 hours per week) especially continue to astound us with their dedication, with some working almost full time hours in Daycentres, Retail & Trading and the Information & Advice teams, despite many being over retirement age themselves.
So take a look at what we have available and join in! For more information please contact us on 0191 4773559 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Age UK Gateshead
Christ Church Hall