Construction and Civil Engineering Course
Do you want to start a career in the construction sector?
Learn construction skills and get your CSCS Card with us!
The structure of the course enables you to learn, develop and practice skills in which you will gain a nationally recognised qualification - Level 1 Diploma in Construction and Civil Engineering Services as well as the Level 1 Award in Health & Safety in a construction Environment qualification. You will also acquire the foundation skills required (including updating your CV) to seek employment and / or career progression in the construction sector including roles as a labourer.
- Health, safety and welfare in construction and associated industries (includes Environmental Awareness and CSCS touch screen test and CSCS card - when all course elements are completed).
- Knowledge of technical information, quantities and communication with others.
- Knowledge of construction technology (foundations, walls, roofing, services etc).
- Cut construction related materials (using hand power tools).
- Lay modular paving.
- Lay and finish concrete.
- Level 1 Award in Health & Safety in a Construction Environment qualification - required for the CSCS Green Labourer’s card.
- Asbestos Awareness.
Who is the training for?
This course is designed for individuals who want to develop skills and knowledge required for working in the construction sector. You must also be prepared to attend any job interviews that you are suitable for.
What do I need?
There are no formal entry requirements for this course; however you do need to be aged 19 or over and be unemployed on benefits. You also need to have been resident in the UK / EU for 3 years before starting the course.
You will need to be interested in working in the construction sector. A course application form should be completed prior to course commencement and proof of benefits is required.
- CSCS Health and Safety test included.
- Travel Expenses provided during training.
- CSCS Green Labourers card provided.
- Lunch and Refreshments provided during training.
- Car Parking available on site.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) supplied.
- Starter Tool kit to support you into employment.