Last session date (if known)
Events of the North - Race Events
This project requires event crew volunteers.
Working with these volunteers, Events of the North deliver race events across the North East making sure that the race days are a huge success.
You could be part of their small army of helpers, ensuring that runners and spectators alike have a great experience. You don't need to have any special skills you just need to be reliable, flexible and have lots of enthusiasm.
There are a whole range of different volunteer roles across the events available including:
- Radio Course Marshal - manning the route and responsible for a couple of course marshals, in radio contact with event control
- Course Marshal - manning the route
- Transition crew - assisting staff to coordinate the transition areas, ensuring the rules are obeyed and athletes/spectators directed.
- Finish crew - handing out medals, water, goody bags and t-shirts
- Baggage crew - looking after the baggage drop area, making sure it remains secure at all times
- Water station crew - managing a water station on the route (can be done as a group if needed)
- Goody bag packing - usually the Friday before the event (the more people we have the quicker we get these done, usually around 5,000 to pack!)
No formal qualifications are required and a DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) Check is not required for these roles. There are some race events planned in 2021 which require volunteers these include:
- Saturday 19th & Sunday 20th June 2021 - Can volunteer for one or both days, Sunderland City Run
- Thursday 15th July 2021 - Durham City Run 16:30 registration
- Saturday 21st August 2021 - Try on the Tyne event 7:15 registration
- Saturday 2nd & Sunday 3rd October 2021 - Kielder, Half Marathon & Marathon 6:45 registration. Can volunteer for one or both days.
If you are interested in this volunteer role please email firstname.lastname@example.org