World Transplant Games 2019
https://www.gateshead.gov.uk/article/4788/Express-your-interest-in-becom... World Transplant Games Federation give recipients of transplants the motivation to strive towards full rehabilitation through exercise, camaraderie and healthy living. The main objective of the World Transplant Games is to demonstrate that people with transplants can compete in sporting activities and well. These Games, on a much smaller scale, also allow donor families and living donor to get involved and be part of the celebration.
Gateshead will be hosting the World Transplant Games in 2019 which will take place from Saturday 17th August - Saturday 24th August 2019.
The Games will require volunteers to help with the delivery of the events. The type of volunteer roles that will become available in the lead up to the Games will include:
- general event volunteers
- social event volunteers
- sport specific volunteers
- communiciations and branding volunteers
- registration volunteers
Volunteers will be:
- provided with training relevant to the specific volunteer role
- part of the overall volunteer team delivering and supporting the Games
- provided with refreshments/lunch when required
- provided with a t-shirt to wear whenever volunteering
- when not volunteering, offered an opportunity to be a spectator at the Games where possible
- able to develop a unique experience to enhance their own skills set
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer for the World Transplant Games in 2019 you will need to register with Gateshead Council by submitting an Expression of Interest form. included below is the link to the online version of the form.
Other content by this organisation
No upcoming events have been posted by this organisation
No other news has been posted by this organisation
- 1 of 2
- next ›