Volunteer support to enable kitchen work experience
This volunteer role will be based at the Elgin Centre in Deckham Gateshead. The main aim of the Community Kitchen is to provide affordable food and educational food-based workshops to families in an area of Gateshead which is affected by poverty. The group also operate a hot food delivery service aimed at older people or vulnerable adults.
The group are looking for volunteers to work in a cafe/kitchen setting with young people with a range of difficulties/disabilities. They are looking for a commitment of either a morning or afternoon to support learners in the kitchen environment to develop a range of transferable employability/customer service skills whilst running a social enterprise cafe.
Volunteers would be required to support learners to:
- build positive relationships with one another
- help learn to make the food that is needed (training and guidance will be given)
- enable the individual to take payment for food
- enable the individual to communicate with and serve customers
- ensure that the environment is kept clean and tidy .
- a supportive nature
- previous experience in a kitchen environment (desirable)
- previous experience of supporting people with disabilities (desirable)
- good communication and listening skills
- an approachable attitude
- a friendly approach
- a reliable and trustworthy personality
Other content by this organisation
No regular activities have been posted by this organisation
No upcoming events have been posted by this organisation
- 1 of 2
- next ›
No other news has been posted by this organisation
- 1 of 3
- next ›