National Trust, Gibside, Events & activities volunteer
Gibside is a National Trust open space at Rowlands Gill, Gateshead, NE16 6BG,
The site is goriwing its Events and Activities Volunteer Team this Spring/Summer to bring it's fantastic events and activities programme to life and welcome thousands of visitors on evenings, weekends and in school holidays.
The type of volunteering available will include:
- helping to the run the brand-new activity station at Gibside. The direct programmed event is May Half term celebrating stick week.
- setting up, delivering and pack down of exciting one-off events across several outdoor spaces.
- supporting evening, weekend and school holiday activities
- welcoming visitors to outdoor spaces across Gibside, checking tickets/reservations and providing way finding information and promoting other activities while they are visiting.
- interpreting and encouraging visitors to take part in activities and events during their visit.
- collecting feedback to help us develop future events and activities
- assisting with the development, planning and delivering of future events and activities during this exciting time
- Gibside Events and activities programme includes: sports, arts & crafts, messy play, outdoor theatre, music nights, festivals, fundraising and much more.
This role will suit you if you are looking to develop new skills and experiences or looking to share skills from previous education or employment or just eager to be outdoors for a change. We are open to people from lots of backgrounds who enjoy talking to people, like getting stuck in and working as a team to provide positive experiences for others.
By getting involved you could:
- be part of a brand-new team to activites your local National Trust place, contributing and supporting the National Trust Cause
- build or shape transferable skills, knowledge and experience in Events and Activities planning and delivering for furtue opportunities
- be part of a growing volunteering team at Gibside, you'll be invited to volunteer socials and celebrations.
- Be part of a great Events & Activities team which has some exciting opportunities and developments coming soon
- receive travel expenses, access to free tea and coffee, as well as other National Trust volunteer benefits
- assigned a key member of staff who can provide references once you have volunteer for over 50 hours.
- parking is available on site. Volunteers will need to wear suitable footwear.
Other content by this organisation
No regular activities have been posted by this organisation
- 1 of 2
- next ›
No other news has been posted by this organisation
- 1 of 3
- next ›