Men's Group Volunteer
Volunteers at our charity help our lunch club attendees to feel welcome, valued and cared for.
Our growing men's group welcomes over 65's for a two course lunch and a variety of activities such as quizzes, indoor games, dominoes, cards, friendly competition on the Wii console and time to relax and chat or read the newspaper. There's plenty of banter, good humour and friendships to be made.
We are seeking a volunteer to join our men's group co-ordinator, Charlie, and our minibus drivers/escorts, Dave and Janos, to make sure the gentlemen have a great day at our centre on Bolam Street, Teams.
The main task is to chat to the gentlemen, including any new attendees, so they feel welcome and included. Other tasks include:-
- helping to set out and put away any activity equipment
- help gentlemen to take part in activities if they need it
- help the team to serve refreshments, lunches and clear away afterwards
Our volunteers gain:-
- experience of working with older people in a health and social care setting
- references if job seeking
- new friendships by meeting new people
- a sense of fulfilment by contributing to the local community and helping older people
If you are interested in the role or would like to know more, we'd love to hear from you.
Please contact us on 0191 4900945 and speak to Bernie or Michelle or contact us via email at email@example.com.
No qualifications or previous experience is required however we seek the following qualities in volunteers:-
Able to communicate well with older people
Able to work with others
Other content by this organisation
No upcoming events have been posted by this organisation
- 1 of 3
- next ›
REDUCING HOSPITAL RE-ADMISSIONS FOR OLDER PEOPLE Happy to Help is working with local services and hospitals to offer a subsidised 6 week home support packages to isolated o
No volunteering opportunities have been posted by this organisation