We call our volunteers ‘Champions’ because they are!
Our Champions are positive ambassadors for Healthwatch Gateshead. They act as our eyes and ears in the community, gathering information about health and social care issues.
Volunteering roles are varied. Our volunteers help us with everything from information stalls to carrying out face-to-face research. If you enjoy meeting people and listening to their stories and experiences we will strive to find a place for you.
- Help us at events
- Man an information stall
- Circulate our newsletter, flyers and leaflets
- Gather health and social care issues in their communities
- Tell people about Healthwatch Gateshead
Our Research Champions gather people’s views about services using a range of different research methods. You could also be involved in research design and the analysis of findings.
Our specially trained volunteers – ‘Enter and View Authorised Representatives’ – carry out visits to health and social care premises to find out how they are being run and can make recommendations where there are areas for improvement.
- Good communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good organisational skills (particularly time management and diary keeping)
- Good listening skills
- The ability to gather people’s views and communicate them to Healthwatch Gateshead clearly and concisely
- A strong commitment to equality and diversity
We ask that all volunteers commit to attending the two hour Healthwatch Champion network meeting every three months. Other than that, the role is flexible to your needs.
Other content by this organisation
No regular activities have been posted by this organisation
No upcoming events have been posted by this organisation
We run a service offering free, confidential and independent information about social care and health services in Gateshead – call 0808 801 0382 (free from landlines) or text 07535 877 831, or emai
No other news has been posted by this organisation
No volunteering opportunities have been posted by this organisation