Gateshead Council can offer groups of people from organisations, businesses, schools and colleges the chance to 'do their bit' for the local community with our tailor made volunteer packages.
Working with groups, we can match them to an organisation that needs volunteers - creating a bespoke package that will meet both your expectations and the needs of the community.
From a one-day, one-off project to something more long-term, we can discuss the options with each individual request.
A group of volunteers can include:
- private sector organisations, large or small
- lasses or groups from schools, colleges or universities
- support groups such as walking groups, friends of groups for example
- voluntary and community groups
- or just a group of friends who want to make a difference.
As well as working with a group of volunteers to identify a project, we will also work with them to ensure all insurance issues are covered and where possible equipment is provided to deliver the task.
The activities included within these volunteer days greatly benefit the groups. They provide an opportuinty for a number of volunteers to come in and devlier some needed activities that they may not be able to deliver themselves.
The activities can vary between organisations and include anything that would benefit a community group. Some examples include:
- painting of community facilities
- helping with community garden and general gardening type tasks
- helping out with lunch groups
- supporting events
- website development
- helping groups with tasks such as book keeping and other administration tasks
If there is a specific set of skills that you are able to provide as a group of volunteers e.g. marketing, please let us know and we can work with a group that would benefit most from your input.
In order to register your interest as a group of volunteers please complete the Group Expression of Interest form and email it to email@example.com
Other content by this organisation
No upcoming events have been posted by this organisation
No other news has been posted by this organisation
- 1 of 2
- next ›