Day Centre Helper Volunteer Role
This volunteer involves assisting in the successful delivery of the Day Centre Service for Age UK Gateshead.
To help older people maintain their dignity and independence by assisting in a community based social day centre. The aim is to provide an enjoyable social out of house experience in a friendly and supportive atmosphere.
The role involves:
- helping to establish, maintain and develop friendly relationships with clients within the Day Centre.
- helping to encourage independence and offering support to walk clients to toilet when necessary.
- providing assistance with domestic tasks including serving meals, dish washing etc.
- being involved with the planning and implementation of enjoyable and imaginative activities in the Day Centre.
- following the policies and practices of Age UK Gateshead relating to health and safety, good hygiene and moving and handling
- keeping Age UK Gateshead staff informed of relevant issues or concerns affecting Day Centre members
The role will also require you
- to attend training as required
- to provide a friendly face and helping hand to day centre members
- to remain calm in crisis
- a liking for and empathy with older people
- ability to work as part of a team and on your own
- reliability and trustworthiness
- a decent level of fitness
- a sense of humour
- an interest in developing activities for older people
- good communication skills, including a sound understanding of both spoken and written English
The opportunity will be available between 10:00am and 16:00pm weekdays.
If you would like to become a volunteer in this role please complete an Expression of Interest form. A hard copy is available below or the link to the online version of the form is included above.
Other content by this organisation
- 1 of 2
- next ›
No other services have been posted by this organisation
No other news has been posted by this organisation