Day Centre Activity Organiser
We run five day centres throughout Gateshead for house bound older people and we provide a stimulating and entertaining environment for all who attend. Our clients are collected from their homes and taken to a day centre by our mini buses, some use their own means of transport. We like to organise a full range of activities based on a sensitive understanding of the social needs of every client. We arrange outside trips as well as getting involved with other community groups and events.
The volunteer role involves assisting in the successful delivery of our social group service and we will give you full support with ongoing development and training requirements.
The role involves:
- organising activities in and outside of the centres. You will need to be friendly, kind, honest, flexible and an effective communicator who would enjoy being involved with the planning and implementation of enjoyable and imaginative activities in our social groups.
- help us share our goals by delivering excellence in person centred care.
- having experience and or a suitable qualification is preferred. providing assistance with
- domestic tasks including serving meals, dish washing etc.
- following the policies and practices of Age UK Gateshead relating to health and safety, good hygiene and moving and handling
- keeping Age UK Gateshead staff informed of relevant issues or concerns affecting the social group members
- The role will also require you to attend training as required.
- a liking for and empathy with older people
- ability to work as part of a team and on your own
- reliabiilty and trustworthiness
- decent level of fitness
- a sense of humour
- an interest in developing activities for older people
- good communication skills, including a sound understanding of both spoken and written English.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer in this role please complete the Expression of Interest form. A hard copy is included below or the online version is included in the link below.
Age UK Gateshead will pay any agree travel expenses (busfare etc.) on production of receipts paid out in the course of journeys. Use of your car will be paid on a mileage basis for all authorised journeus undertaken.
Other content by this organisation
- 1 of 2
- next ›
No upcoming events have been posted by this organisation
No other services have been posted by this organisation
No other news has been posted by this organisation