Customer service advisor
The volunteer role involves responding to all incoming telephone enquiries to the organisation, logging calls on our internet based record system (Charirtylog), or passing messaged on to the correct person, thereby helping us to improve our efficiency. A key part of the role is to provide low level information, advice and "signposting" support to older people and their families living in the Gateshead borough.
- To provide an effective and welcoming telephone answering response to our clients, customers and other callers and providing excellent customer service in a friendly and supportive manner.
The role involves:
- Answering all incoming calls across the organisation, deciding who the calls are for and what action is needed
- where possible, using charitylog to record enquiries, take basic details and messages and set follow up actions where appropriate
- providing basic signposting or information for information and advice queries and requesting specific advisoer callbacks for more complex enquires
Your role will also require you:
- Deal efficiently with incoming calls to ensure minimum delay in providing the client's required outcome.
- in the first instance, liaise closely with the information and advice manager or other advisers, to seek advice, guidance and support to follow up queries.
- work with Quality Mark Frameworks such as ISO9001 or Advice Quality Standards
- Participate in training sessions and meetings as necessary
- develop a working knowledge of the information and office systems supporting your service role, use them effectively and contribute to their improvement
- carry out tasks according to Age UK policies and standards, in particular on confidentiality, equality policies and health and safety
- work as part of a team with other Age UK staff and contributing to other general office based tasks when necessary.
The skills required for this role are:
- a clear and confident telephone manner
- good verbal and written communication skills, a sound understanding of both spoken and written English
- Quick and accurate keyboard skills
- an ability to demonstrate patience and sensitivity
- an ability to respond appropriately to different and sometimes difficult situations
- a positive, enthusiastic and customer focused attitude
- ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision and as part of a team when necessary
- commitment to improving the quality of life of older people
- understanding of the need for confidentiality
- awareness of own limitations and boundaries within the service
Customer services take calls between 8.30am and 4.30pm on Monday to Thursdays, and 8.30am -4.00pm Fridays. Hours are flexible within those days and will be agreed with line manager, in accordance with the needs of the project.
We hope that volunteers will be able to commit a regular number of hours each week for a minimum period of six months after joining the project to enable you to gain the most from your training and experience and to provide continuity for our customers and the team.
Based in the charity's office, 341 - 343 High Street, Gateshead
Age UK Gateshead will pay any agreed travel expenses (bus fare, etc.) on production of receipts paid out in the course of journeys. Use of your car will be paid on a mileage basis of all authorised journeys undertaken.
Other content by this organisation
- 1 of 2
- next ›
No other services have been posted by this organisation
No other news has been posted by this organisation