Volunteer Community Connector
We are looking for volunteers who can, through chatting to people when out and about, find out what is going on in their neighbourhood that could help reduce the social isolation and improve the quality of life of unpaid carers living locally. The role is also about spreading the word about Gateshead Carers and the support we can offer to local people. You may be at the hairdressers or barbers, chatting to the person at the checkout at your local supermarket. In fact anywhere the chance to have a conversation comes up.
The main aspects of this role are:
- To maintain regular contact with the Volunteer Co-ordinator and let us know where you have had conversations.
- Report anything you have learned about activities and groups which could be of interest to carers as well as any issues or concerns you may have. (Training provided)
- To adhere to Gateshead Carers policies and procedures appropriate to the role (training provided)
- To attend any other relevant training arranged by Gateshead Carers.
Additionally, Gateshead Carers Association have a responsibility to:
- provide a full induction and relevant training.
- provide ongoing support from the Volunteer Coordinator.
- reimburse all reasonable out of pocket expenses.
- Friendly and outgoing
- General awareness of issues facing carers and the people they care for (Awareness training providing)
- Good communication skills, including listening skills (training provided)
- Commitment to the role
- Reliable and trustworthy
- A good knowledge of what GCA does (training provided)
- Have a flexible approach to the role
- Be 18 years and above
Dates and times to volunteer will vary.
Other content by this organisation
No upcoming events have been posted by this organisation
No other services have been posted by this organisation
No other news has been posted by this organisation