Gasbags North East is looking to appoint a chairmain for this unincorporated third sector company. Gasbags supports Lgbt+ demographics across the North East through group and one to one activities.
The Chairperson has a strategic role to play in representing the vision and purpose of the organisation. The chairperson ensusures that the management committee functions properly, that there is full participation at meetings, all relevant matters are discussed and that effective decisions are made and carried out
Ensure the management committee functions properly
- To plan and run meetings in accordance to the governing document.
- To ensure matters are dealt with in an orderly,efficient manner.
- To bring impartiality and objectivity to meetings and decision - making.
- To facilitate change and addrees conflict within the board.
- To review governance performance and skills.
- To plan for recruitment and renewal of the management committee.
Ensure the organisation is managed effectively
- To liaise with the chief offcer, as appropriate, to keep an overview of the organisation's affairs
- To co-ordinate the committee to ensure responsibilities for particular aspects of management (e.g. personnel matters, financial control etc) are met and specialist expertise is employed as required.
- To facilitarte change and address conflict within the organisation, liaising with the chief officer to achieve this.
Represent the organisation
- To communicate effectively the vision and purpose of the organisation
- To advocate for and represent the organisation at external meeti Committngs and events.
- To be aware of current issues that might affect the organisation.
Time Commitment : The role of the Chair requires an estimated commitment of 7 hours per month (this can vary depending on the situation).
Qualities and Skills Required
Good leadership skills
Good communication and interpersonal skills
Impartiality, fairness and the ability to respect confidences.
Ability to ensure decisions are taken and followed up.
Good time keeping
Tact and diplomacy.
Understanding of the roles/responsibilities of a management committee
Experience of organisational and people management.
Dynamic and inventive
Good networking skills
Working knowledge of fundraising and funding applications, especially the wording of the application.
Working knowledge of websites and social media.
Other content by this organisation
No regular activities have been posted by this organisation
No other services have been posted by this organisation
No other news has been posted by this organisation