Administration Internship Role - World Transplant Games 2019
Gateshead Council will be hosting the World Transplant Games from 17th - 24th August 2019.
The World Transplant Games Federation gives recipients of transplants the motivation to strive towards full rehabilitation through exercise, camaraderie and healthy living. The main objective of the World Transplant Games is to demonstrate that people with transplants can compete in sporting activities and well. The Games, on a much small scale, also allow donor families and living donors to get involved too and be part of the celebration.
The prestigious event is held every two years and is open to athletes 4-80 + years who have undergone either organ or bone marrow lifesaving transplants. The Games comprises of seven days of compeition for a number of sports ranging from low impact through to high exertion.
It attracts close to 2,500 participants from over 60 different nations, made up fo athletes, medical professionals, donor families, living donors and supporters. The Games are a celebration of life and as such include many social and cultural events including opening and closing ceremonies, cultural evenings, youth programme and a Gala dinner. The Sports Game include athletics, swimming, cycling, petanque, volleyball and ten pin bowling to name just a few.
There will be a number of volunter roles established to support the delivery of the Games. These will begin to become available throughout 2018. However this opportunity is for an Unpaid Administration Intership.
This internship will involve:
- Establishing professional relationships with key partnersh locally including Local Authorities,Universities, Further Education Colleges, Schools, County Sports Partnerships and National Governing Bodies
- Supporting the Volunteer Development Officer to input the volunteers information onto the database ensuring relevant references and checks are completed and evidence
- Assisting the Volunteer Development Officer with the recruitment and deployment of World Transplant Games Volunteers.
- Development a team spirit and ethos amongst all team managers and event volunteers.
The intership role is available from September 2018 until approximatelty September 2019.
This will enable all of the work for the implementation of the Games to be done.
The intership will be based within the Civic Centre at Gateshead Council. Hours are flexible and are to be agreed but will be approximately 10 hours per week prior to the event and full time hours throughout the Games themselves (17th-24th August)
If you are interested in taking up this internship please complete an Expression of Interest. You can do so by completing the form attached to this page and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org or by completing the form online at: https://www.gateshead.gov.uk/article/4788/Expression -your-interest-in-becoming-a-volunteer
Experience and knowledge
- Managing or working with volunteers - desirable
- Using office based software packages and databases - Essential
- Working with a range of partners - desirable
- Full driving license and access to a vehicle - desirable
- An understanding of health and safety and safeguarding policies and procedures - desirable
Skills, abilities and personal characteristics
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- excellent organisation skills
- ability to work independently and as part of a team
- demonstrate genuine enthusiasm and confdence when deadling with the general public
- ability to be creative and flexible
- ability to prioritise and structure tasks
- demonstrate a professional appearance and attirude when dealing with partners.
Other content by this organisation
No upcoming events have been posted by this organisation
No other news has been posted by this organisation
- 1 of 2
- next ›