NHS Health Checks Gateshead
What is an NHS Health Check?
The NHS Health Check is a health check-up for adults in England aged 40-74. It's designed to spot early signs of stroke, kidney disease, heart disease, type 2 diabetes or dementia. As we get older, we have a higher risk of developing one of these conditions. An NHS Health Check helps find ways to lower this risk.
How do I get an NHS Health Check?
If you're in the 40-74 age group without a pre-existing condition, you can expect to receive a letter from your GP or local authority inviting you for a free NHS Health Check every five years. In the meantime, there are other ways of getting your health checked, and you may want to try this online Heart Age test.
How can I improve my test results?
Once you've had your NHS Health Check, your healthcare professional will discuss your results with you. You'll be given advice to help you lower your risk of a stroke, kidney disease, heart disease, diabetes or dementia, and maintain or improve your health. But you don't have to wait until then to make healthy changes. Take the How Are You quiz and start now with these health apps and trackers.
Pharmacies Currently Offering NHS Health Checks
Boots, 477-9 Durham Road Boots,
544 Durham Rd
Boots, Metro Centre
Boots, 7 Tower Court Dunston
Lobley Hill Pharmacy, Malvern Gdns
RG Young Pharmacy, Sheriffs Highway
Rowlands, Leam Lane
Tesco Instore Pharmacy
Whitworth Chemist, Wrekenton HC
- If you are aged between 40-74 years, an NHS Health Check is available free of charge
- The free NHS Health Check can lower your risk of developing type 2 diabetes, heart disease, stroke, kidney disease and (certain types of) dementia.
- Through simple lifestyle changes, such as diet and physical activity, you can lower your risk of developing serious health problems. Take action now and enjoy a healthier life for longer
- Everyone aged 40 to 74 years old in England will be invited for a free NHS Health Check once every five years (apart from those already seeing their GP for certain conditions).
- Get personalised advise through the NHS Health Check programme and reduce your risk of developing serious conditions
Visit the NHS Health Check Gateshead Facebook page here
Other content by this organisation
No regular activities have been posted by this organisation
- 1 of 7
- next ›
No other news has been posted by this organisation
No volunteering opportunities have been posted by this organisation