Avenues into Advocacy
- Do you like asking ‘WHY’?
- Are you good at listening to people talk about their lives?
- Are you currently out of work?
A future in advocacy could be for you!
We have a limited number of free places available on a short course to help you discover if advocacy is for you. You’ll be learning about a new career while meeting new people and having fun on the way.
What you’ll get:
• Two learning days to build your knowledge of professional advocacy
• Ongoing skill development, especially around communication skills
• The opportunity to shadow professional advocates at client visits (up to six visits)
• Ongoing one-to-one support
We’re looking for people who are:
• Able to start this short course in October
• Able to commit 28 hours over 4 months (we will tailor the shadowing dates to suit your needs)
• Currently out of work
To book your place on this free course or for more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 0191 4786472
Other content by this organisation
No upcoming events have been posted by this organisation
We'll be holding a coffee morning on Friday the 27th of November. There'll be tea, coffee cakes and a raffle!
Local charity, Your Voice Counts is looking for volunteers to make a difference for people with learning disabilities
No other services have been posted by this organisation
No other news has been posted by this organisation
No volunteering opportunities have been posted by this organisation