VACANCY: Men's Group Assistant
Teams and Bensham Community Care (Charity Number 1122735) specialises in supporting older people in Gateshead to age well and lead long, happy and healthy lives. We are seeking a community engagement worker to enable older men to feel welcome, valued and cared for at our Monday and Thursday men’s lunch club groups.
Hours: 9 hours per week, £8.21 per hour
Days of Working: Monday 10 to 2:30, Thursday 10 to 2:30
Contract Type: Temporary until 31st August 2022 (with possibility of extension)
Location: Teams, Gateshead
- Assist with the set-up of activities in the lounge and encourage men to take part (dominos, indoor games, Wii console games, weekly quizzes etc)
- Assist to Organise and co-ordinate new activities based on the values and wishes of older men
- Assist on the minibus which picks up our attendees from home and drops them off again afterwards (this is only required when our minibus assistant is on annual leave/sickness absence and may include working on other days as and when required in addition to the contracted hours and paid as overtime)
- Serve meals, hot drinks and refreshments
- Clear tables and assist with housekeeping duties
- Assist older men to take part in activities
- Generally support older men to feel included and welcome
- Committed, patient and caring
- Motivated and able to work independently and as part of a team, liaising with other staff, volunteers, service users and organisations
- Excellent communication skills and able to get on well with older men.
An enhanced DBS check will be carried out for successful candidates (fee covered by the organisation).
TO REQUEST AN APPLICATION FORM OR TO FIND OUT MORE, PLEASE EMAIL email@example.com - WE WILL REPLY TO YOU WITHIN 24 HOURS WITH AN APPLICATION FORM TO FILL IN AND RETURN BY MIDNIGHT ON SUNDAY 6TH OCTOBER 2019.
Other content by this organisation
No upcoming events have been posted by this organisation
- 1 of 3
- next ›
REDUCING HOSPITAL RE-ADMISSIONS FOR OLDER PEOPLE Happy to Help is working with local services and hospitals to offer a subsidised 6 week home support packages to isolated o