VACANCY - Home Help Assistant for Older People (Minumum 15 hours per week)
Happy to Help is the leading third sector provider of home help assistance for older and disabled people in Gateshead. We are seeking a Home Help Assistant to join our caring team, to cover sickness and holidays for our staff. As a 'Floating' Worker, the role offers a minimum of 15 hours per week and an hourly rate of pay of £8.12 plus mileage expenses, rising to £8.50 plus mileage expenses from 1st April 2019.
Hours are worked flexibly between 8:30am and 4:40pm, Monday to Friday. Additional hours (up to an additional 15 hours per week) may be required during busy periods (school holidays/summer holiday periods etc)
- Good geographical knowledge of Gateshead borough
- Driver with own vehicle
Skills & Knowledge:
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team or use initiative when working alone
- Continuity and reliability
- Experience of working with or caring for vulnerable people is desirable
- Basic administration skills are desired (when no cover is required by clients, time will be office-based to assist with general admin tasks)
Priorities in caring for clients:
- Cleaning duties to maintain hygiene and safety for older people, in particular in kitchens and bathroom.
- To provide shopping services for older people
- To carry out bill paying service with integrity.
- Report immediately to the office any cause for concern or indiscretion that occurs during the time that you are at any clients home.
- To work with in the Happy to Help policy and procedures.
- Carry out annual reviews with clients
- Maintain complete confidentiality concerning clients and staff related to work.
- Ensure all equipment provided is regularly checked and utilised at all times.
If you would like to find out more about the role or would like an informal chat with our head office team, please call Liz or Nancy on 0191 4785919 between 9am and 4pm Monday to Friday.
If you would like to apply for the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you the application form and job description.
Closing date for returning an application form is Midnight on Sunday 24th March 2019.
Other content by this organisation
No regular activities have been posted by this organisation
No upcoming events have been posted by this organisation
- 1 of 2
- next ›
No other news has been posted by this organisation
No volunteering opportunities have been posted by this organisation