VACANCY - Delivery Driver
Location: Teams, Gateshead
Hours: 14 hours per week (2 days – Mondays and Tuesdays)*
Hourly Rate of Pay: £7.83 per hour
*ROLE INVOLVES WORKING UP TO 35 HOURS PER WEEK DURING ANNUAL LEAVE AND SICKNESS OF THE OTHER PART-TIME DRIVER
Previous applicants need not reapply.
Job Description: To provide a collection and delivery service of furniture to households across Gateshead and surrounding areas. Hours worked are 9am to 4:30pm, no weekends.
The key roles of this post will include:
-To be responsible for the collection and return of the vehicle to/from the depot each day.
-To be responsible for the safety and road worthiness of the van, e.g. water, oil, petrol, tyres, lights etc.
-To be responsible for volunteers whilst under your supervision
-To be responsible for the safe collection and delivery of all furniture
-To safely dispose of any unwanted items.
-To load and unload goods
-To operate criteria for collection and delivery of all furniture and to complete all relevant paperwork
-On occasions may be required to carry out duties and responsibilities undertaken by the warehouse operative in times of absence, including dealing with customers, maintaining showroom displays and storage of furniture
-A flexible approach to working arrangements will be required.
Please note that the role is physically demanding, requiring safe lifting and handling of bulky items.
A basic driving test in our van will be carried out and you will receive in-house manual handling guidance.
- Good experience of driving in the Gateshead area
- Must have experience of driving a van of 3.5 tonnes or similar large vehicle of at least 3.5 tonnes
- Full driving licence with no more than 3 points.
- Able to communicating clearly and effectively both orally and in writing
- Able to work as part of a team whilst supervising the drivers mates.
- Able to work overtime up to 35 hours per week during annual leave/sickness absence of colleagues (weekdays only, between 9am and 4:30pm)
- Knowledge of health and safety
- Knowledge of our charity
- English and Maths GCSE or equivalent
- Experience of driving a Luton Box van
- Manual Handling
To request an application form, please email us at email@example.com. Closing date to return application forms is midnight on Monday 28th May 2018.
May be subject to a DBS check.
Other content by this organisation
No upcoming events have been posted by this organisation
- 1 of 3
- next ›
No other news has been posted by this organisation
No volunteering opportunities have been posted by this organisation