VACANCY - Care Assistant to Help Older People When Out and About
We are seeking a compassionate, caring and enthusiastic person to join our Happy to Help team as a carer for older people who live in Gateshead. Our service ensures ensure that older people or those with disabilities continue to lead active lives by doing things for themselves with just a little bit of our support. This may assisting them to do regular shopping, being with them when attending appointments, providing company when travelling to visit relatives or friends, taking up/continuing to do hobbies or going for a walk.
The role involves working around 12 hours at £7.75 per hour every week however a flexible approach is needed. There is potential to increase working hours as new clients seek our help.
Hours are worked between 9am and 4:30pm weekdays.
- Ensure client has everything they need for their outing
- Assist client during their outing (packing and carrying shopping, helping to use equipment etc) No personal care is required by our clients.
- Give support during transport (helping on buses, in and out of car, seatbelts etc)
- Be responsive to client needs throughout their social care session
- Committed, patient and caring
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Good timekeeping
- Excellent people skills
- Able to drive and access to own vehicle (mileage incurred during working hours are paid for by Happy to Help)
- Experience of wheelchair handling (putting up and down, assisting people in and out of chair for example)
- Experience of working with older people
Please email email@example.com for an application form or ring 0191 4785919 and speak to Liz for more information about the role.
(Please note: employees are responsible for covering the costs of their own DBS checks which are required for this post)
Other content by this group
|Content Type||Post date|
|HOME HELP VACANCY||News||Friday, 4 August, 2017 - 18:44|
|One to one support to go out and about||Services||Tuesday, 4 July, 2017 - 10:50|
|VACANCY: Floating Home Care Worker for Older People||News||Monday, 3 April, 2017 - 17:12|
|ONE TO ONE SUPPORT FOR OLDER PEOPLE TO GO OUT AND ABOUT...||News||Tuesday, 28 March, 2017 - 13:37|
|Home Care Vacancy (Cleaning, bill paying and pension...||News||Tuesday, 21 March, 2017 - 12:07|
|Happy to Help Latest Newsletter - Owls, Outings and Help in...||News||Thursday, 17 March, 2016 - 12:13|
|VACANCY - Social Care in Gateshead||News||Wednesday, 20 January, 2016 - 13:43|
|Vacancies - Home Care Workers||News||Friday, 9 October, 2015 - 13:29|
|VACANCY: Social Care for Older People in Gateshead||News||Monday, 20 July, 2015 - 15:22|