ONE TO ONE SUPPORT FOR OLDER PEOPLE TO GO OUT AND ABOUT THIS SPRING/SUMMER
If you or a loved one is struggling to go out alone at the moment, possibly due to age related illness, fear, low mood or lack of confidence, Becky from Happy to Help might be able to offer the support and guidance to get back on track.
Becky is our Independent Living Team worker who supports older people to go out and about with one to one companionship from a fully trained, insured worker. Becky has worked with older people with a wide range of barriers that prevent them from going out alone and offers the reassurance and encouragement to help get back out there and live life to the fullest.
Here's how our current clients are using the service to do the things they want, love or need to do. They don't want people to do things for them, but they don't want to go it alone either:-
- having a cuppa and a chat in a cafe or garden centre
- having some company on the way to visit a relative
- visiting shopping centres
- attending doctors or hospital appointments
- getting errands done like going to the post office, the bank or council/housing offices
- taking a walk in the park
- taking up a new hobby or interest or attending a new activity in the community
Clients use our service as often or as much as they like, to do the things they like.
For more information about the service or to ask any questions, please contact Becky or Liz on 0191 478 5919.
Other content by this organisation
No regular activities have been posted by this organisation
No upcoming events have been posted by this organisation
- 1 of 2
- next ›
No other news has been posted by this organisation
No volunteering opportunities have been posted by this organisation