Breatfeeding Awareness Week
Breastfeeding is good news for baby and you
Breastfeeding is a skill that takes time to get the hang of. Lots of mums wonder if their baby's feeding well and getting enough - especially in the first few days. But once you've mastered it, you'll probably find it's the easiest and most satisfying way to feed your baby. Breastfeeding means you'll always have a constant supply of food for your baby, at the perfect temperature, whenever they need it.
- Breast milk is tailor-made for your baby and gives them all the nutrients they need in the first 6 months, and alongside other foods thereafter.
- Breast milk boosts your baby’s ability to fight illness and infection.
- Breastfeeding lowers your risk of breast cancer and ovarian cancer, and burns
- about 500 calories a day.
- Breastfeeding is a great way to strengthen the bond between you and your baby.
The Breastfeeding Friend from Start4Life is ready to help. All the information provided is NHS-approved and based on questions asked by thousands of new mums.
Whether you’re experiencing breastfeeding difficulties, you’ve got sore nipples, or you want to know about vitamins and what you should include in your diet – if it’s a breastfeeding related question, the Breastfeeding Friend is ready to help you.
Visit Amazon to find out how to activate this skill
Other content by this organisation
No regular activities have been posted by this organisation
No upcoming events have been posted by this organisation
- 1 of 9
- next ›
No other news has been posted by this organisation
No volunteering opportunities have been posted by this organisation