Drugs: Lifestyle Resources and information

If you need treatment for drug addiction, you're entitled to NHS care in the same way as anyone else who has a health problem. With the right help and support, it's possible for you to get drug free and stay that way.

Where to get help for drugs?

Your GP is a good place to start. They can discuss your problems with you and get you into treatment. They may offer you treatment at the practice or refer you to your local drug service. If you're not comfortable talking to your GP, you can approach your local drug treatment service yourself.

Gateshead Recovery Partnership

A drug and alcohol recovery service for all adults in Gateshead. If you or someone you know is concerned about drugs and/or alcohol, Gateshead recover partnership can support you to get the help needed.

47 Jackson Street, Gateshead. NE8 1EE

Telephone: 0191 594 7821

Email: jazz.chamley@cgl.org.uk.

Click here to visit website

Platform (Young People)

Platform is a Young Persons' Drugs Service in Gateshead that focuses on allowing young people up to the age of 18 to make an informed choice about their lifestyle and seek help regarding substance and alcohol use.

Unit 3, Renwick Court, Victoria Rd, Gateshead NE8 2SY, UK

Telephone:  0191 460 1354

Click here to visit the website  

Information from around the web

FRANK (Friendly, Confidential Drugs Advice).

User friendly website, with information on drugs and how to get support and access appropriate services.

Click here to visit website

NHS Choices

The website provides guidance, fact sheets, and information on support services available.

Click here for drug addiction: getting help

Drug Wise

The website provides the latest evidence base for professionals, resources and information, and local services and resources available.

Click here to visit website


A national organization working with and for families affected by drugs and alcohol. They provide direct support to families through publications, training, outreach work and sign posting to local support services.

Click here to visit website